Icings Galleria Mall St.Louis ...

May 2017 This was my daughter's third piercing so she was experienced on how to care for her ear after a piercing. The piercing in her ear got infected within 2 days - the pain was horrific and she went to the Urgent Care Center. She was told she had a staff infection - they cleaned the ear, removed the earring ordered antibiotics etc. Two days later, the infection was still terrible, she was in so much pain, she collapsed.

Back to the Emergency Room. We contacted Claire's (Icings), and after 4 months of completing paper work and medical release forms, they denied the claim because my daughter signed the paperwork required to have the piercing done.

Instead of just denying the claim which they knew they would to begin with, they (their Insurance Company Gallagher and Bassett) jerked us around for four months.The infection that my daughter had doesn't just appear - but if their equipment wasn't sterilized properly or the clerk didn't have the proper hygiene that could totally explain the infection and the degree of infection and pain she suffered.

Review about: Claires Ear Piercing.

Reason of review: Infection .

Comments

Oh, no!First and foremost, I am truly sorry for everything this heinous company has caused you, and sorry to hear of your daughter's doctor visits as a result.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a fan of theirs, and this is part of why. The pain you describe to to the point of her collapsing sounds utterly terrifying, and I'm so happy to hear they had her retire the jewelry. Some months have passed since this happened, so I'm hoping she's no worse for the wear by now. What happened may have been a combination of infection resulting from their poor techniques (using guns vs.

piercing needles), unsanitary environment in the middle of the store, and contact dermatitis from the low-quality jewelry they use. Either way, they made the right call in taking the jewelry out. If it was this bad two days in, there's no telling what it would have been like later on.

Their release form is basically to cover their own keisters, and put the blame on us when something goes wrong.

Your daughter didn't sign up for horrific pain resulting in ER or urgent care clinic visits when she sought out another piercing, so no, this isn't on her. You and her placed your trust in them when they made themselves out to be professionals when they're not. This is on them, and if they truly cared about their customers, they'd stop offering piercings altogether. Besides, as far as I know, no professional worth their salt would throw someone under the bus the way this company has if something were to go wrong with a piercing.

If she wants to revisit piercings again somewhere down the road, I suggest going to a professional piercing studio, where she'll get high-quality, custom-fit jewelry with a mirror finish, and professionals who consider her health and happiness their main priority. It will be more expensive, but it's worth the money. The APP website, along with jewelry manufacturers like Anatometal and BVLA will give you some good leads on where to start your search. Just so you know, I don't work for any of these companies, and never have.

Going forward, if you decide this company doesn't deserve another penny from you, that's completely understandable. I've got my own bad experiences from this company, and so I've chosen not to support them ever again.

To me, it just doesn't make sense to keep giving money to a company that's capable of treating people with this level of disregard and carelessness.BTW, I wonder how that insurance company lives with themselves...