Claires - Ears newly pierced.Front of earring fell off after a couple of weeks!
I had my ears pierced at Claires accessories just over 5 weeks ago.The earrings they used were made from stainless steel but the decorative ball at the front had small "gems" attached.I followed their advice with cleaning,turning the earrings and everything seemed to be going fine.
Just over 2 weeks later the front of one of the earrings fell off.I was left with the bar and butterfly and just a small spiky bit of metal showing at the front.I went back to Claires and they told me they weren't able to take the earring out themselves,I would have to do it myself.They gave me a replacement earring,the same as the one that was broken.So,once back home I attempted to remove the earring.It was hard to hold the front while trying to *** the butterfly as there wasn't anything much to grip.Eventually it came off,having made my ear bleed a little in the process.I cleaned my ear thoroughly and put in the replacement earring.Again everything seemed to be going well,although that ear was still slightly more tender than the other one.
Then,this morning the exact same thing happened with the other ear and the ball on that earring fell off! I couldn't believe it.I examined the part that had come away and it was starting to disintegrate with small flakes of material and "gems" coming away.This time there wasn't so much "spike" showing and nothing I could get hold of to remove it.It was virtually flush with my earlobe.So,this time I decided to go to a professional piercing parlour to see if they could save the piercing as no way was i going back to Claires to be offered one of their shoddy replacements.
The person I saw at the piercing parlour was brilliant.Examined my ears for me and removed the broken earring with pliers..that stung a bit! Turns out both ears are infected and he advised me to go to my doctors to have them examined.Now I'm on antibiotics and have to let the piercing heal over completely.Next time I have them pierced they will be by a someone professional and trained,not a shop assistant who has qualified in a couple of hours!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ear Piercing
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
You May Also Like
- "From: Me Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:42 PM To: email@example.com Subject: Customer complaint On 5/21/16 I came in for my eye exam. Store 0099 in Onalaska WI. I had picked out..."
- "I recently purchased four Coffee Break lip balms from Claire's. These looked kind of cute, so I bought three for my friends and one for myself. I opened the one..."
- "I went to piercing pagoda in Jensen Beach, Florida on April 26,2013 at 11:36 a.m and i went for my second piercing in my ear lobes. when i got..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I bought quite a lot items from Tidebuy and I paid GBP ￡ 126.89. When I received the parcel, I found there was not a single item as the same..."
- "One month ago similar situation happened to me. I was shocked after got email about scratch on a car, they attached me pictures, but honestly, I couldn't see any scratches..."
- "I was playing uplink and I got my 15 kills for the man o war and apparently it didn't give me the camo so can I please have the gold..."