I had my ears pierced at Claires accessories just over 5 weeks ago.The earrings they used were made from stainless steel but the decorative ball at the front had small "gems" attached.I followed their advice with cleaning,turning the earrings and everything seemed to be going fine.
Just over 2 weeks later the front of one of the earrings fell off.I was left with the bar and butterfly and just a small spiky bit of metal showing at the front.I went back to Claires and they told me they weren't able to take the earring out themselves,I would have to do it myself.They gave me a replacement earring,the same as the one that was broken.So,once back home I attempted to remove the earring.It was hard to hold the front while trying to *** the butterfly as there wasn't anything much to grip.Eventually it came off,having made my ear bleed a little in the process.I cleaned my ear thoroughly and put in the replacement earring.Again everything seemed to be going well,although that ear was still slightly more tender than the other one.
Then,this morning the exact same thing happened with the other ear and the ball on that earring fell off! I couldn't believe it.I examined the part that had come away and it was starting to disintegrate with small flakes of material and "gems" coming away.This time there wasn't so much "spike" showing and nothing I could get hold of to remove it.It was virtually flush with my earlobe.So,this time I decided to go to a professional piercing parlour to see if they could save the piercing as no way was i going back to Claires to be offered one of their shoddy replacements.
The person I saw at the piercing parlour was brilliant.Examined my ears for me and removed the broken earring with pliers..that stung a bit! Turns out both ears are infected and he advised me to go to my doctors to have them examined.Now I'm on antibiotics and have to let the piercing heal over completely.Next time I have them pierced they will be by a someone professional and trained,not a shop assistant who has qualified in a couple of hours!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ear Piercing
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
You May Also Like
- "The advertising is very deceptive: 2 Pairs for $10, just pay shipping $5.99 Then lower down it reads: "Through this special offer, you'll receive your revolutionary HD Night Vision Wraparounds for..."
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."
- "I placed an order from the online optical shop “BestPriceGlasses.com”. This company is owned by a man named Roger Jiang who also owns a string of other online optical shops..."
- "I bought quite a lot items from Tidebuy and I paid GBP ￡ 126.89. When I received the parcel, I found there was not a single item as the same..."
- "I was playing uplink and I got my 15 kills for the man o war and apparently it didn't give me the camo so can I please have the gold..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."