Claires - Ears newly pierced.Front of earring fell off after a couple of weeks!
I had my ears pierced at Claires accessories just over 5 weeks ago.The earrings they used were made from stainless steel but the decorative ball at the front had small "gems" attached.I followed their advice with cleaning,turning the earrings and everything seemed to be going fine.
Just over 2 weeks later the front of one of the earrings fell off.I was left with the bar and butterfly and just a small spiky bit of metal showing at the front.I went back to Claires and they told me they weren't able to take the earring out themselves,I would have to do it myself.They gave me a replacement earring,the same as the one that was broken.So,once back home I attempted to remove the earring.It was hard to hold the front while trying to *** the butterfly as there wasn't anything much to grip.Eventually it came off,having made my ear bleed a little in the process.I cleaned my ear thoroughly and put in the replacement earring.Again everything seemed to be going well,although that ear was still slightly more tender than the other one.
Then,this morning the exact same thing happened with the other ear and the ball on that earring fell off! I couldn't believe it.I examined the part that had come away and it was starting to disintegrate with small flakes of material and "gems" coming away.This time there wasn't so much "spike" showing and nothing I could get hold of to remove it.It was virtually flush with my earlobe.So,this time I decided to go to a professional piercing parlour to see if they could save the piercing as no way was i going back to Claires to be offered one of their shoddy replacements.
The person I saw at the piercing parlour was brilliant.Examined my ears for me and removed the broken earring with pliers..that stung a bit! Turns out both ears are infected and he advised me to go to my doctors to have them examined.Now I'm on antibiotics and have to let the piercing heal over completely.Next time I have them pierced they will be by a someone professional and trained,not a shop assistant who has qualified in a couple of hours!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ear Piercing
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."
- "Americas best are the best at not keeping their word or delivering a good product in our experience. We feel robbed!!!! They do a terrible job at cutting the glasses...."
- "I bought a pair of glasses in April 2015 for $525. The frame "Tiffany" brand cost was $230. In 2 months the color of the frame starting coming..."
- "I bought quite a lot items from Tidebuy and I paid GBP ￡ 126.89. When I received the parcel, I found there was not a single item as the same..."
- "I was playing uplink and I got my 15 kills for the man o war and apparently it didn't give me the camo so can I please have the gold..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."