1.7
Layout of Store

About 6 weeks ago i got my 2nd piercing.3 weeks in, my right ear swell up and I had to seek medical attention.

I was on antibiotics for 10 days. After taking the antibiotics i decided to go ahead and change out my earrings. Needless to say my left ear is now slightly infected because the earring was way too tight. The post on the earring is way too short for any ear and they are very hard to remove.

I also noticed that my piercings are not lined correctly.

Go to a professional.Claires is not professional and the piercers there really dont know what they are doing.

Review about: Claires Ear Piercing.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Claires?

Comments

I'm late to the party, but I'm sorry you were going through this, and sorry this company led you to believe they were experts when they're not.From what I've gathered, their training amounts to a video and piercing a foam ear with the guns they use.

They aren't licensed, or trained in bloodborne pathogens. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of them as a company, and this is part of why. The swelling you describe sounds really terrifying, but I'm glad you went to the doctor and got on antibiotics. Without knowing for sure, my best guess as to what happened was more than likely a perfect storm of poor technique (using a gun vs a piercing needle), their equally poor aftercare (which is basically glorified Lysol with the benzalkonium chloride), and the low quality jewelry they use and expect people to keep in for 6 weeks instead of the custom fit, internally threaded, implant-grade metals with a mirror finish that good piercing studios use.

By now you've probably made your decision on where to go from here with the piercings, but just in case someone else in the same predicament finds this, here's what I'd say: If you're interested in keeping the piercings, I suggest going to a good piercing studio and see what they can do to salvage them.

The APP website is a good place to start your search, along with the store locators on the Anatometal, BVLA, and NeoMetal websites.On the other hand, if you're over the piercings, which is totally understandable, you can...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. There are some of us who take pride in our piercing. Wishing you the best.