My 6 year old got her ears pierced at Claire's on August 23rd.We used the antiseptic solution they gave us and rotated the earrings daily as instructed, for 6 weeks, with no issues.
I noticed today, October 13th, 8 weeks later, that she was missing an earring on one side. I mentioned it to her and she grabbed her ear and insisted it was still there, she could feel it. Upon further inspection I discovered the earring back WAS INSIDE OF HER EARLOBE. Talk about traumatizing.
I was able to use antiseptic spray and q-tips to wiggle it free and remove it. The other side with the earring still in, was also imbedded but not nearly as bad. I was able to remove that also. She is going to have scars on both earlobes.
An hour later, antibiotic ointment, a few bandaids and plenty of anxiety attacks and she is doing just fine, but had it gotten any more imbedded it could have turned out much worse. I included pictures of after I removed the backs.
I have read in several places online this is common with the type of metal Claire's uses.Moral of the story, go to a professional piercer to get your children's ears pierced, or even better, avoid it all together.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Layout of Store|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had my ears pierced at Claires accessories just over 5 weeks ago.The earrings they used were made from stainless steel but the decorative ball at the front had small..."
- "At Walmart on Fallbrook in Woodland Hills, Ca. I have to bag my own things as the checker just stands their. The check stand in the back is..."
- "This is how I received my order at walmart. This is not the first time. I'm so sick of receiving my orders with damage all over. I went to complain..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "My husband and I stopped at newly remodeled Sheetz on Broad Street in Johnstown PA on September 24, at approximately 9:30pm. The facility was filthy service was slow and our..."
- "My family went to Little Caesars Pizza at 3907 E State Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805 to order stuffed crust pepperoni pizza and 2 zesty cheese bread with dips...."
- "OST called me after I "started" not even finished and submitted the application online. Which was my first red flag. Then when the women called me and told me they..."